It costs over £150,000 a year to run our wildlife hospital, all of which is raised through donations, memberships, our shops and other fundraising. There are a number of ways you can help us to raise this money, some of them for free!
HART has a wishlist set up on Amazon for the products we currently need - in the last year over £2000 of goods have been donated, all of which would otherwise have been bought with money raised.
Click below to donate goods directly to us:
Giving by Text
You can now give to HART by text! Simply text HART11 followed by the amount you would like to give up to £10 to 70070, and the donation will be made directly to HART via your mobile provider.
Help us for free!
There are a few ways you can help us to raise this huge amount, at no cost to yourself.
1. Tell your friends - If you feel our work is important, please tell everyone you know. The more supporters we have, the more animals we will be able to help. Word of mouth is one of the most effective forms of marketing - and is completely free! Please support us on Causes.com, a great way to spread the word about what we do.
2. Social networking - Follow us, "like" us or "tweet" about us. Start talking about us on social networks to help us raise awareness and save more of our wildlife. Click the social network links on the home page to get involved.
3. Using the Internet - Everyclick is a search engine, where every search you make can raise money for HART. You can also raise money from online shopping and made direct donations. For more information, please visitwww.everyclick.org/hartwildliferescue
4. Online shopping - Easy Fundraising is a site which allow you to raise money for every purchase made online from many different shopping sites, by giving a percentage of the value of your purchase, or even a fixed amount, directly to HART. This donation comes from the retailer and doesn't cost you anything. All you need to do is visit the site and register for free, then select the website you want to shop at from those listed on the site. You are then directed to the shopping site and can shop as normal.
You shop, they give..... it really is as simple as that.
5. HART is listed as a charity on ebay, so you can opt to give a proportion of your profits directly to HART, and benefit from reduced seller's fees, and also give your buyers the chance to give a donation at the checkout.
6. Utilities Warehouse provide competitively priced home phone, mobile phone, broadband, gas and electricity, billed together on one simple bill and give £5 when you sign up as well as 5% of the value of your bill every month to HART Wildlife Rescue. To sign up go to their website or call 0800 1313000 quoting D564441
7. Recycle your old mobile phones or used ink cartridges to help us raise funds - just click on the banner, register and select HART as your charity.
8. Add a link to your page - Link to HART Wildlife Rescue from your own website.You will not only help generate traffic to our site directly, but by increasing our link popularity, HART will improve its ranking in the search engines. The better the ranking, the more traffic and donations we will get and the more animals we will be able to save. You could also add a HART link as a signature on your email, highlighting a fundraising campaign or something you are involved in to spread the word.
9. Donate unwanted items - Please have a sort out and let us have anything you no longer need and we can sell, or use as raffle or tombola prizes. This includes good quality clothes, books, CDs, tools, household items, bottles, tins and any unwanted gifts etc. etc. It would really be appreciated by our fundraising volunteers if all these items are clean, complete and unbroken. Any items donated MUST be in a saleable condition. Please bring any donations direct to one of the shops in Alton.
10. Become a fundraiser - If you would like to help organise or participate at fundraising events, make items to sell or can come up with unusual fundraising ideas, we would love to hear from you. HART are listed on Justgiving.com, to give you a simple and efficient way to collect sponsorship money for any event you would like to organise.
11. Scrapping your car!
Do you own a banger that’s merely gathering dust in the garage? Then you can do your bit for charity!
Giveacar is a non-profit fundraising organisation that specialises in donating unwanted and scrap cars to charitable causes, including HART.
They provide a FREE service which is available throughout the UK, and can work with you hand-in-hand in the following ways:
- They can arrange the collection of the vehicle
- Depending on its age and condition, they will either send it for environmentally safe disposal and recycling at an Authorised Treatment Facility, or to a salvage auction.
Giveacar will take 25% of the profits and the rest will be donated to HART. Since Giveacar was set up in 2010, the organisation has already raised over £1,000,000 for 800 charities!
To arrange collection of a car, visit Giveacar.co.uk or call 0207 364242 , quoting HART Wildlife Rescue as your preferred charity.
Car still going strong? You can pledge your car in advance, displaying a sticker in the car to show your intentions, and have everything in place for when your car finally must retire. Just click here to find out more details.